Save a Kiwi
NZET are proud to be involved in the Conservation Programme which aims to slow the decline of Kiwis in New Zealand. The programme is run by Kiwi Encounter www.kiwiencounter.co.nz, who are the largest and most successful Kiwi facility in New Zealand and who raise well in excess of 100 kiwi chicks each year.
Did you know?
- The kiwi has tiny wings, but cannot fly
- It has feathers that are more like fur
- It is the only bird in the world with nostrils at the end of its beak
- Its sense of smell is second to none
- It has no tail feathers, but does have whiskers, like a cat
- It has marrow in its bones, just like a human
- Very unusually, females have two ovaries, most birds have only one
How can you help?
At the time of booking, you have the option to donate $5 or $10 to the Save a Kiwi programme. We will then match your donation, so $10 becomes $20, and this goes to Kiwi Encounter to help with the kiwi recovery work.
Make your donation today by clicking on 'Save a Kiwi' when booking your tour!
For more information on the 'Save a Kiwi' scheme, please contact us.